Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Another Trash Run...




Just another Wednesday.  Another trash run to the curb.  Yet, it's the last time I'll see either as a 50 year old.   My 1st year into my 5th decade wasn't a great time.  I know it could've been worse in some ways, but it was pretty hard on me.   Sometimes, I wish there had been a point where I could've purposely have been stricken with amnesia.   Then maybe I could've moved past some of the crap in my life, I've never been able to get away from.    It  might not have worked, but still it was a thought.

I'm looking at the crepe myrtle outside my window.  Its limbs are covered in the "locust" shells.  I know they're actually cicadas, but most people around call them locusts & "locusts" are grasshoppers.   I like the fact the crepe helped launch the insect's final stage of life.  So many things happen in that crepe myrtle outside my window.

For those of you haven't seen a cicada emerge, check this out.



Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment