Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Weird Netting Yesterday...

Apparently, whatever happened to my net activities yesterday had nothing to do with the actual internet.  I couldn't get anything to load without waiting several minutes.  Then only half of it would load.  I checked my network card, my cables, my browser.  I ran several diagnostics & nothing turned up out of order.   

I finally decided to check Windows internet settings.  I dabbled around with several of those & nothing worked.  I decided I'd hit the default settings & see if it would help.  Then I noticed a something on the security part of the Windows Internet settings panel.   It was a box that read enable protection mode or something similar.  I unchecked it & viola, my net was working again.  

In the end, it wasn't my IP, it wasn't my computer, It wasn't my browser, it was Windows.  That was probably something changed during an update.  Most likely something added to help secure Internet Explorer, which just happened to fry Chrome.  Dealing with net issues is always a trip.  there are just so many things that can affect your internet performance.  Nailing it down, could be frustrating.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment