Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 18, 2024

Sometimes Difficult...

 

Sometimes writing this blog can be difficult.  Finding topics can be challenging.  When I was 1st diagnosed, my situation wasn't that uncommon.  There were never a lot of things posted about rural states like Oklahoma.  But the pieces were more relatable.

Things changed & that's not longer true.  I'm not;  Black, Hispanic, trans, from another country or fringe group.  It seems that being an HIV+ gay man from rural Oklahoma is at the same time too unrelatable & mainstream.  

I can find articles about meds, policies & treatments.  But finding articles relevant to my situation is nearly impossible.  I found articles this morning over rural issues & HIV.  They all focus on Africa.  I can find things on gay men, but usually only closeted POC guys.   

In the beginning, I was seen as too liberal, fringe & weird by the majority of people on the right.  Now, I'm seen as too common, conservative & overshadowing by the far, fringe left.  Apparently, I'm doing something right, I've managed to piss off a lot of people.

HIV is a global issue.  But, this is blog has a tighter focus; my life.  If these articles bring nothing to my blog, then I won't bother.  Unfortunately, that often leaves me nothing to cover.  Other people will write about those issues, places & people ad nauseam.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment