Total Pageviews

Friday, July 9, 2021

Late Presenting...

 

This piece deals with late presenting HIV.  There are a lot of articles over this.  If you're interested Google it.  I was late presenting & for whatever reason a lot  people have been HIV+ for quite a while before their diagnosis.  This can alter treatments & recovery.  It took me a decade to have  a CD4 count not in the 200's.  It was another 5 years before I had a count over 400.  Now, it stays near upper 500's to 600's. 

Even though they feel my HIV is under control. I never  feel that well.  I'm  usually at some level of exhaustion or  fatigue.  I constantly  deal with issues from the meds, usually GI problems.  Early diagnosis & treatment, may have meant a more normal life for me.  The same is true for anyone else diagnosed late.

Testing is important.   It  should be  done often.  You can't treat what you don't know.  

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment