Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 2, 2020

Lenacapavir...


Lenacapavir is a new med from Gilead Sciences.   This med is so new I can find next to nothing about it.   I see the article I'm referencing & some referring to a previous study over an oral version.   This study is suggesting it has the potential to be a single injectable med that could control HIV for up to 6 months.

The article gave limited details on the drug, the study & it's limitations.  It appears to be a ways out for now.  Still, if it has any potential a bi-annual shot would aid greatly in controlling HIV.  The only other piece I could find was a research abstract from the company at $50 a pop.

Will this lead anywhere?  I don't know.  But, if this research can offer anything, it'd be a boost to fighting HIV.  Here's hoping.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment