Total Pageviews

Monday, November 16, 2020

Wow & Progress...

 

The other day I wrote about a long acting PrEP being studied in Africa.  The research focused on women.  Today, I found another piece about a different med being developed for the same reasons in the same region.  I'm not going to talk about that piece's medical advancements.  They're functionally the same as the other piece, but the article stated this.

More than half of new HIV infections globally occur in sub-Saharan Africa, with women accounting for nearly 60% of new infections in this region.

Let that sink in.   50%+ of all new HIV cases are in Africa.  Of those 60% are in women.   It tells us that even though this isn't male with male transmissions, it's likely being spread primarily by men.   Many of these women had no choice in these sexual encounters.  Others survive as sex workers.  For a huge part of HIV cases, men have been the primary source of infection.

Onto progress.  I'm still setting up the new system.  I got sidetracked this weekend with yard stuff.  But, at least it's handled.  Now I can focus on the PC.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment