Total Pageviews

Friday, November 13, 2020

OMG WTF $$$

 


I bought the new PC yesterday.  What happened to computer prices?  I've never paid over 500 for any PC.   I can usually shop, look at open boxed items, refurbs or something & get a good price.  The last system I bought was for my roomie & it was good for the time, only cost in the 400 range.  

My system is 7 years old & came with 4GB ram.  It did what I needed.   I thought in that long & with all the newer programs 16 would be the new base.  I was wrong.  That put me into gaming PC's at Best Buy.  I finally found an open box 12GB Dell that was still 890 something.   Tacking on an open box, on-sale monitor & tax left the total was well past the 1000 mark.  If I hadn't found the sales & open-boxed items, it'd been several hundred more.

Yet another strike COVID has had at the economy.  I expected the prices to go up.  But I hadn't factored in enough the level of demand driving the prices.  A year ago, maybe a year from now, this PC would've been considerably cheaper. But, with everyone working from home or doing classes, computers are in the biggest demand ever.

Oh well, that's handled.  Now to start the cross over. Take care.

Cya...

PS - Labs didn't happen.  They had the wrong tests & I'm not going back with these COVID numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment