Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Update & PrEP...


According to this piece & others, the US will provide PrEP meds to the uninsured.  The motto is, "Ready, Set, PrEP,"  how cheery.  Activisist are still unsatisfied, because this fails to consider monthly, then quarterly or longer blood test, needed to use HIV meds.    These tests check how the body is reacting to the drug & HIV status.  They can run $100's + per lab visit.    This program doesn't cover them & taking these drugs without testing is dangerous.  This is a step, but not a home-run.

My appointment went well.  I'm clear for now & my next appointment is in June.  If I'm doing well then, they'll push it out to yearly.  I had a new provider, the last one moved.  The actual time there was fine, the trip wasn't.  There were things we should've handled before.  Next time, they'll get done the day before.  The road construction was awful.  It was at least 1/3 of the 120+ mile trip.  The speed limit was reduced to 50 & it was congested.  It wasn't fun.  Even with leaving pretty early, I barely made my appointment.  

That's all for now, take care.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment