Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Spirit...



Living with HIV can be overwhelming.  You'll wonder why am I doing this.  There will be days when you're certain you made the wrong choice.  Having things lift your spirit is important.  It's why SAD can be devastating.

I look out my windows a lot at the plants & animals.  They can make me smile.   Red birds & squirrels are flitting about this morning.  Occasionally, I get to read about other things that make it feel there's still some good will left.

I read about 3 instances this week:

  1. A young girl sold cookies & cocoa to raise money to pay off lunch debt at her school.
  2. A church bought a parking lot & hired security so people living in their cars could have a safe place to park.
  3. An LA church paid off over $5 million in medical debts affecting over 5,000 households.
They not affect me or even be near.  At least it shows there are some people left in the world helping where they can.  It shows that local care will always beat some far off charity in whatever-land.   Give local, tend to your own backyard & you might be amazed at the outcome.  

Cya...

PS - Merry Christmas


No comments:

Post a Comment