Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Fillings...



I have to go get a new filling today.  The dentist noticed some small cracks in a tooth.  A lot of my dental problems came from HIV, but even more came from some early meds I was on.  I'm still on Didanosine, but the early form of Videx were chewable tablets.  

I wasn't told until I was already off the chewable version those things were pretty horrible on teeth.  Apparently, you were supposed to brush immediately after taking the meds.   Well, I didn't.  I waited until after I had eaten a couple of hours later.   That took a serious toll on my teeth & has cost me a lot of dental work & $.

I hope after today's filling, I'll have a break from the dentist for a while.   I'll have my bi-annual cleanings, but that should be enough for a while.  I hope.  This is pricey stuff.

I've got to get around.  I'll post more tomorrow.  This is just a reminder, HIV impacts every part of your health.  Watch your teeth.

Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment